Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Siberian Weather Extreme

Dear Reader, who am I to complain?
The "Sibirian Weather Extreme" holds Europe in a state of chock.
In Lyon the planes can't lift because of the 10 cm of snow. London is getting prepared for a snow storm and Great Britain is having its coldest winter in 100 (or is it 30?) years.
In Swedish Dalarna it's about to get colder than -44° C. And yesterday 122 people had frozen to death in Poland…

So not being able to run isn't that serious. But when I woke up this morning I felt so motivated, so I didn't think the -16° C at 9 am could stop me. But by 11 the temperature had raised only to -14°, and that is a little chilly for a mother of three. Even in her best winter gear.

The only thing that could cure the "I didn't get to run"-depression was: cookies. Classic Rutkakor (Chess Cookies), baked January 4 by people in checked shirts. Odd tradition, I know.






All of a sudden lunch was served by the chef husband, and then it was time to go snowslading with the kids. We were the only family out, and there was a little sun, so I had an "luxury ski vacation" vibe about it.


But yesterday I did go running – outdoors, on snow and ice for 40 min. The Nike+ figured it was 7.33 k and look what I bought for my shoes! Slip stoppers! Or broddar
So the question is: will I have to find a gym with a treadmill OR will I do fine with those shoes?
No matter snow or ice?
Only the Sibiran winter knows for sure…

No comments:

Post a Comment