Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 1-5 The 100 Days Rocket Ship Club

Dear readers, I think you already guessed that our last 100 days club was a flop.
Of course G exercised more than most of you, but she didn't eat right and she didn't blog.
And me – a total disaster. Apart from having a three weeks cold – and then getting another one, I was forbidden to run. I gave up on the LCHF method, I had wine a little too often and yes, there were cinnamon buns as well. Colds make me low, and the back situation didn't make it brighter. But now I have a plan.

And as you've also seen, we're not giving up. We are doing another club – ending at New Years Eve. Without asking G I call it The 100 Days Rocket Ship club as it has one direction – right up in the sky. Or as many kids say these days – to eternity and beyond. Or from ground much further away than the rainbow!

Goals:
To wake up sleeping muscles.
To have better posture.
To have less back pain.
To get my back so strong that I can run again by Easter.
To use the "I'm not a garbage bin" method.
To get energy and light by outdoor activities.
To fight the Monica Z frightness & depression.

Methods:
1. Four weeks of treatment in London – that is exercise 6 hours a day, five hours a week. A boot camp!
2. The consultant in England has said that running at this point could be "rather riskful", but I'll do what I call the "hurry up walk" – walking downhills and on flat ground, running only uphills.
And I'll bike, do some gardening, maybe walk with stickers – whatever that feels good and will get me outdoors.
3. I will also do yoga that is ok for scoliosis, like the dog and other symetrical postures.
4. The usual food rules – less sugar, less wine, less coffee – as in the mentioned "I'm not a garbage bin" method.
5. Also I will try to blog every other day, though I already broke that rule.

Started this 100 days club September 23 at 7.20 am in something that looks a lot like a rocket ship – a MRI scan. It is an incredible beautiful machine, but depressing to be put in. And loud!
I discovered that they had given me not one 20 min appointment – but three. And was treated like a piece of broken China – delicatly.
So I thought "this must be my lowest point in this 100 days club. From this I can only go up".
Since Thursday I've been taking walks, have been digging in our garden, have planted 150 bulbs, crossing my fingers when G ran 10k Lidingö tjejlopp, been coughing a lot, shared a half bottle of champagne with my husband celebrating our 13 years as a couple, have been trying to find accomomdation in London, worrying about it – and already lost 1.5 k. But as I said, I started at a very low point …

Hey, you bulbs. Like you I'm all for spring & future, and I'm moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment