Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 56 – Life On A Shrimp Toast

Dear G, I guess you've heard the Swedish expression "Life On A Shrimp Toast". It means that you are born rich or get want you want easily or without effort.
Wouldn't say that I live on a shrimp toast, but I everything gets so much easier when the sun is shining.
We had our big Day of the Street today. Adults and kids from 22 households gathered at 9.30am for cleaning and gardening our playground and the surroundings. At 12 we were served the traditional lunch (hot dogs for kids, chicken salad for adults, cakes for everyone and lots of Festis or red and white wine to go with it). A long table is placed ON the street, and as usually the party went on for hours. While the kids played around us… 
Those days we say to each other that there is no way we can move from here. It's so nice and practical, letting out the kids in the garden or in the playground, being looked after by friends and their children. That is really living on a shrimp toast. 

Before dinner (indoor, as I had burned my arms and neck and we all had to much sun and pollen) my dear husband made us an actual shrimp toast. We ate it in the kitchen without kids, like a "minidate" that gave us an opportunity to talk to each other. Recommended!

WORKOUT: Some gardening. Quite a lot gardening, actually. Wasn't good for my back, but it's difficult to just look when the whole neighborhood is working.
FOOD & DRINKS: Yes, I had some white wine at lunch, and some more for dinner. Also had some cookies.
WEIGHT: forgot to check.



No comments:

Post a Comment