Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Week 1 – Saved By Running

Dear G, I so much wanted to give you a call to discuss this 100 days club before you left for the US.
Wasn’t sure about what we decided about rules, goals, eating, running, stretching… and everything.
But, I tell you, my first week was a full chaos.
Going away for a six week vacation might seem like a luxury, but to be honest, it’s more like what the slaves experienced in ancient Egypt.
No, no, not the actual vacation, but: before leaving.
Had an incredible, enormous amount of work that had to be finished, meetings and appointments, things to pick up at different places in town, the leaving-for-six-weeks laundry and packing – and of course – J was home sick most of the days.
And then the computer broke down. Totally. Again. I swear to God, I’ve had a countless number of Macs since 1991, and never ever had problems like with my new MacBook Air. Not even my computer consultant could help me out – so for the second time it sent back to Apple. Asked him: can’t they just give me a new one, but obviously Apple doesn’t do that. (This is why I write this post three week later…)
As always when I have too much to do, I kept doing to-do-lists. Several of them. Even at night in bed, when I surely needed to sleep.
I don’t think I ever felt stress so physically. Like a fever with a bad scent.
So I didn’t have any time for running.
But as it was the first week of this 100 days club – I ran. Close to the bay, where the picture is from, the most tranquile and calming trail I know.
And G, I swear, running was what made me survive this horrid first week. Always remember: if you have so much work there is no way you could possibly get even half an hour to run: do it anyway. Makes all the difference.

Workout: running, yoga, London exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment