Thursday, July 14, 2011

Week 4 – Triathlon Training!

Dear G, I’ve been following a running program for more than a week now, and already developed a little habit. After running I change to swimming suite and bathrobe, fetch my bike, go straight to the sea, swim for a while and bike back to the house. Which must be good, as the program suggests/demands, cross training. Preferably swimming and biking, as program makers are into triathlon. But I'm not sure they mean ocean swimming? Or this kind of bike?

Otherwise, the program started out fine. At least the first two runs… Only one was supposed to be fast and furious, while the other should be longer and controlled. And they both ended up to be about as long and fast?
Don't know how that happened – I’m all new to this planned running, also to trying to keep a certain speed. Anyway, both runs were much longer and faster than anything I did so far this year, so I was pleased.Problems came with Run #3, which was supposed to be a seriously long one. All went well until about 9K, when my back started to ache. Every step seemed to make it worse. Finished by 11.2K, and the following 48 hours I had so much ache I could hardy move. Couldn’t sleep because it hurt so much, like a knife stuck between two vertebrae. Even thought about going to the hospital, which would have been stupid, as there is nothing they can do about it.
It made me questioning long running, but I decided not to give in.
Next workout was a shorter one, and I kept thinking about what my London consultant have said: Always run with strong legs. The minute you realize that you let your hip throw you around instead of using your muscles, you know you’ve run much too far.”
Will try to keep this in mind.

Another nice little habit: after running, biking and bathing we all have dinner at the balcony – cooked and served by my husband. In this case grilled salmon, rocket salad, tomatoes, beans and potatoes. And yes, we have been a little French about the wine … (Don't know if you can see it, but we have such a lovely sea view, quite perfect for chilled you-know-what)

The schedule I’ll try to follow:
Monday: Yoga / back+core stability
Tuesday: Track repeats/intervals
Wednesday: Biking / back+core stability
Thursday: Tempo running
Friday: Swimming / back+core stability
Saturday: rest
Sunday: Long runs

Yes, so good to hear from you, too! Yes, please add photos later! It is so fun to see how you live, what you eat and drink, where you stay, workout, and what the country is like. And most of all: Hurra för L!

No comments:

Post a Comment