Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week 2 - Putting the cork into it!

Dear C,

Week 2 is over and today is really half-way into week 3 but I need to catch up with my writing. I am longing for your computer to be fixed so you can write too!

The girls and I are having a fantastic vacation so far...can´t believe that 3 weeks has already gone by. L is arriving on Thursday and we can´t wait. It´s basically just bedtime that takes the life out of me.

So far this is my most successful 100 day club to date. Probably because it´s summer, and I started loving running again. As I mentioned before I changed my approach and thought about my goals and it just feels right. I have trained 15 of 17 days and am gaining speed and confidence. I started the 12 week running program to the half-marathon and have included cross-training and strength training, and really stretching as well. The weather is fantastic, hot and I come home dripping but happy.

Mostly, I have eaten well but seem to still take wine out of my nightly routine. I realize this vacation isn´t a one week trip where you overindulge but instead just over 7 weeks! Yikes, time to cut myself off.

Yesterday was America´s birthday celebration and we spent a fantastic day on the beach, had a cookout, took our usual lookout for the special parade that I have gone to since I was a little girl. The girls love it and waved their flags. Kind of funny that the 2 little Swedish girls waved their flags with the most pride. It really is a special day filled with so many friends and family. You just can´t beat the 4th in Rockport.
This weekend we are headed to another little New England town in Vermont with my mom for a little R&R.
Hope all is going well as I eagerly await word from you.

XXG

No comments:

Post a Comment