Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Week 3 The Sound of Music

Dear C,
Fantastic that you have your computer back! I was so happy to read your posts. I am writing from my new iPad but I am not an expert at it's gadgets yet...we are in Stowe, Vermont at the Trapp Family Lodge where the family settled after they escaped from Austria and then finished their singing tour. It is a lovely place in the mountains with many outdoorsy things to do. Though there is also the other thing that is part of it all and that is way too much food and drink! I feel bloated and big at the moment.

The fun thing s that little M has taken up ome running with me. She has run 2.2km at a time and she is very determined. That is quite rewarding and I just have to think of that myself when running.

Now as you mentioned running is a time to be by myself, and strive to gain strength,clarity,and breathe. I have signed up for the half marathon and will run the lidingö loppet with the girls. I am going to dedicate my race to my friend Brooke who just last week was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is a fighter and every time I am out struggling I am going to think of her.
Last week pretty much looked like this:

Monday- strength and stretch
Tuesday-3.5 mile run
Weds-2m run or cross
Thursday-3.5 mile run and strength
Friday-rest
Saturday-30 min. cross
Sunday-4 mile run

It seems like a lot but with what I am eating hopefully it just balances out! I am all confused about miles now too good thing the garmin figures it out.

Today is L's birthday. Off to celebrate. Must add pics later as I can't figure this out.


XxG

PS the kids call Stowe the Åre of America

No comments:

Post a Comment