Friday, July 22, 2011

Week 4 & 5- Boogie boarding beach bums

Dear C,

We are here in Rockport, where I have spent all my summers since I was small. It is so beautiful and we have so much fun here. It is one of those places that everyone comes back to for generations. Many of the same people I grew up with come with their families too. Each day is a beach day, with picnics, friends and sand castles. The girls have mastered riding in the waves with their boogie boards and despite too much sun, fried clams we are all so happy.

It's the type of place when you start our day with a run that everyone says "good morning" or "great day" as you pass. People are open and friendly and all have a love for this special place.

My days start with an early run-while everyone else is still sleeping. Where I can have the beauty to myself and breathe deeply. I told L that if there is ever a place to become a runner this would be it...maybe I am bias but it just seems that way right now.

Today we had a "brown out" when they turn the electricity off for a while as things supposedly get overwhelmed when it's very hot. Strange really as it wasn't too hot (for Sweden it would be).

The 100 day club is in full swing although I certainly ave not been perfect with the wine and clam part I feel good and am optimistic. I am very sure I will need it more than ever when I return as it may be a bit depressing to hit reality!
Hope u are well and I have not missed little L's b-day.
Lots of xo's
G

No comments:

Post a Comment