Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Week 3 – With Inspiration From The US

My dear friend, the 4th of July was not only celebrated in the US. This from the little Swedish coast village where we've rented a house for five weeks, overlooking our closest neighbour.
You guys seem to be everywhere!

Eventually my husband came back and I started to run again. Very spontaneously, when there seemed to time for it, often just before dinner and with that “sorry-I’m-late-excuse” express on my face. I did run many days in a row, but never more than about half an hour, and without plans nor purpose.
But then I read your post!
Made me feel so inspired, both of the idea of setting realistic goals and about following a program. Happened to have a book with running programs, utterly American, tremendously male, full of figures and tables, all written in miles instead of the kilometres I’m used to. Spent a day studying the book, trying to figure out how fast and far I had to go, and what of the countless number of programs I choose.
All the programs for Half marathons were 18 weeks long, and I’m not in shape to jump in week 11. Or even their week 1, to be honest. And speaking of being realistic, I also have to consider my spine injury, that try to forget about. But I found a 10 K program, and decided to go for it. All thanks to my dear and encouraging friend on the other side of the great Atlantic sea,
Xxx C

ps We mostly have good food, a little wine however, and one day I kind of lost my mind:

No comments:

Post a Comment