Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Great Party Named 2012!



Dear readers,
While you are still enjoying your last days of X-mas vacation, while G is enjoying loads of snow with her ski-crazy family in some Swedish ski resort, I’m at the office, making plans. And enjoying a season that could be called either “Autumn” or “Spring”, but certainly not “Winter”, (if you ask a Swede).

Anyway, as G is gone, mice are dancing on the table, and I’ve allowed myself to take a decision regarding us both.
I’ve started us a New 100 days club. G is also in it, right now skiing her but off, which is great as the club begun some days ago.

Day 1: January 1. (Of course, the high season for resolutions and New Life…)
Day 100: April 9, the last easter day, Annandag påsk, when we both have a maximum of sugar and cacao in our blood.

"Ah, come on", I hear a reader saying. “You guys keep starting and quitting and disappearing and we even have to ask you to post a message saying that no one died. What is the meaning of all this?
And I say: “What wrong with restarts? And even who said it was a restart? In fact, we never quit! We’re just taking a few breaks every now and then.
But the reader keeps going: “So what happened to that fabulous New Summer Club? Was supposed to end September 17 and the last post I can see is more than a month older?”

Well, my computer got stolen and my father died, but that’s old and has nothing to do with the bright future and party that has been named 2012. We’ve done Pilates, both of us, and even invented a new type of exercise: the walkie-talkie-running. G also bought herself a new Friskis-card, I think.
We're on!

And just to give you a little sense of what this successful, brave and enjoyable 100 Days Club is about: A picture from (a part of) my lunch: seaweed. Illustrating at least two of my 15 New Year’s resolutions, to eat seaweed not less than once a week and to eat more Korean food.
The brown one is called Arame, the green has a Chinsese name that could be translated “The future is bright and Spring is here to stay”.
And it is!

Xxx, C

No comments:

Post a Comment