Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 10 – 11 Favourite Weekends

Dear G, my favourite kind of weekend is when we have a long breakfast, just ha until lunch, have lunch and then go out in the garden, all of us. And then I’d get to work in the garden until it’s dark, moving plants, rearranging, planning ahead… Then I get in to have a quick, warm shower, put some nice clothes and eat a delicious dinner served by my husband – together with just him and the children.

Do I sound like a man from the 1950’s? Like the Swedish female 2010 answer to Mad Men's Don Draper? You know I’m not. Yet. You know muy husband likes to cook, and that I'd love it if he digged until it gets dark while I got to be the kitchen star.


But what about visiting weekend trips? What about the kind of family mushroom picking excursion that every Swedish family seems to do this time of the year? What about endless sessions at small cafés, or eating lunch in a fancy restaurant? What about shopping, visiting friends or doing sports together? What about dinner parties? Museums, galleries, walking in parks and seeing a movie?

Well, I'd like that too. It just isn’t my favourite.


No comments:

Post a Comment