Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 30- I Love Friskis!

Dear C,
I hope you are coming back soon and are feeling well. It´s really boring on this blog without you and there are no pictures of lovely food...
This week I have been at Friskis 3x. 1 time I went to spinning and the other times I ran, and did these two crazy machines that made my heart rate go well out of the "zone". That is my handy dandy Polar watch that keeps track of my heart rate and tells me whether I am in this "zone" which can be really annoying because it beeps if you are not working hard enough and then again if its too hard. Sometimes it even searches for my heart rate which is a bit scary! So with my watch the 2 days I worked on the machines I burned more calories than the spinning class and seemed to keep my hr at a higher and more constant level. Interesting to compare but this machine  is really difficult (I know the picture is bad but I thought it may be wierd with me snaping photos at the gym).
Some people hate the gym-they think of  sweaty people, germs and feeling rather stupid. I´ll tell you why I love it. First, all the retired people go there and they are in fantastic shape. Those old ladies sure kick some ass! Next, they have totally pimped the place up. New machines, another jympa hall-great atmosphere. Then, I really like the spinning classes (even though I didn´t seem to work hard enough) time flies, good music and you leave feeling like you acomplished something. Finally, I love the sauna. Now this is where you may cringe but nothing is better than sitting in the sauna after a workout and just relaxing. Often I am the only one in there and really it just makes me feel so warm and happy. Once in a while I even get into an interesting conversation with an old naked Swedish woman. You know we just let it all hang out in there.
Plans for the weekend-well a Halloween party with snow, and of course my dear old Friskis. Come on and join me!
Waiting to hear from you. Lots of xo´s
G

No comments:

Post a Comment