Monday, October 4, 2010

Days 7-12 Kanel Bullar Day-Again!

Dear C,
It´s so lovely that you have such talents in areas in which  most people only envy. Gardening and cooking are an art-what a nice combination. So while you cook gourmet food and grow and plan for the next seasons I have indulged in a bullar. Yes, it´s that day again (and it feels like I just wrote about it) but that was last year. I must participate in some Swedish traditions since I don´t really understand so many others. For example name´s day, little hot dogs, meatballs and herring at all holidays. Or how about typical drinking songs which  are aslo the same for different holidays.  Couldn´t you just add in a line or two about Santa at Christmas? Ok so Kanel bullar´s day isn´t a true Swedish tradition or is it? In my opinion it´s similar to Valentine´s Day. A reason to eat and make some people feel badly.
Which leads me to the feeling badly. M is sick and was all weekend, and I actually feel a little under the weather myself. I walked both days this weekend because the sun was shining and I feel like my autumn is running away with the leaves.
Today, I came home and am laying low trying to rev up for the week to come which includes the usual work, kids and activities + an American visitor and her 2 friends for dinner Weds. M was home today with farmor. Hoping to get her back tomorrow.
Also, my dreams of a mama ledig day every week after Christmas and the talk about working less is just that a dream. Today, I received a compliment from my boss and she isn´t one to throw them out very often. With that a promotion of sorts. To continue on with my current postion not for the term but for at least the year. Is this good-well yes of course but also a little sad. It´s so hard to even give my girls the attention they need when I work so much. Again, not a new theory but one to be challenged in the 100 day club. Working hard to get that balance and feel good. Yes, I am going to do and I have the power to change things!
So excited to read about your new journey and the experiences that will come with it. The place looks smashing and since the dollar, Euro and Pound are down you can feel good about it. It´s an investment for the future as these homemade buns are NOT!
XXG

No comments:

Post a Comment