Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 6 – 9 Hear That Noise?

Dear Houston, we've had some problems.
The rocket is still on the ground, but engines are running and I do hope you hear by the noise that means we soon, very soon now, will take off.
However, little L has had another tonsillitis, so she has been home for a couple of days.
Yes, we've been outdoors a lot and had ok food. But. You know.
Not that I could go out biking or half-running anyway, because I've had the worst cough again.
And most of all, I've had nothing but London in my head.
Worrying about where to stay, about the clinic, about if the treatment will be supported by the Health Insurance or not, about missing my family or just feeling too depressed.
I'm getting insane.
But now at least I think I have booked the five nights that remained.
I've been waiting for friends (and I've asked many) that have said that they might have friends that had rooms or small apartments for rent, but nothing happened. So yesterday I called Central London Apartments with a list with places I could afford and wouldn't mind booking.
Nothing was available.
Nothing.
The woman I talked to said that because of London Film Festival everything in the price range I desired was booked. So would I consider moving my vacation just a couple of weeks?
I told her about the clinic and my poor back, and I really had find somewhere to stay the actual days in October. She answered she needed to talk to some people and that she would phone me back.
After 20 minutes she called and said she had discussed my situation with some colleges, and she wanted to offer me a very, very nice apartment close to the underground, and in the heart of Notting Hill.
But at the double price that I could afford.
Instead of three times the price that it really costs…
Because her name was C, just like mine, and because she knew about poor backs.
"Your friends will envy you", she said.
So now I have booked this, for the first five nights:
Or at least I think I have, because the booking confirmation still hasn't appeared in my mailbox, and I'm getting even more insane.
If I have, I will live rather than shop and eat. And of course, I will leave much cheaper the following eight nights.
Oh, G, I'm such a homie and I worry so much. At first I questioned if my family could do without me, but now I wonder if I will cope without them?
I hear your voice: it will be a great "mother vacation" and I will have a terrific time.
Plus: I will be so fit after a two weeks six hours a day boot camp.
And what has all this to do with the 100 days club?

Nothing, really. I just wanted you to let you know that engiens are running. And soon, very soon now, I will take off.
As there is gold in the end of the rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment