Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Craziness

Dear G, when I was a kid we used to celebrate Christmas at Christmas. Around December 24 – 27, that is. Nowadays Christmas is celebrated whenever in December. The sooner the better, they all seem to think. Though December still is the month when all work has to be finished (I need time to work!) and when so much has to be bought. No wonder people seem to think that buying is an occupation.

Thursday there was a little party at L's preschool with lussebullar (saffron buns), gingerbread and homemade apple must.
Friday morning: Luciaparty at A's school – more lussebullar and gingerbread.
Saturday: After J's gymnastic and A's tennis my parents-in-law came to celebrate Christmas, as they will be in another part of the country the actual days.
Sunday: big Christmas party at this fancy social club where my uncle is member (see pic). My mother, my aunts, uncles, sibling, cousins and cousin's and sibling's children plus the relatives of my cousins husbands – we had the traditional Swedish smörgåsbord served at Christmas – the eat all oldstyle dishes you wouldn't dream of having at home UNTIL YOU DIE or at least fall of your chair.
Monday morning: big Luciaparty at J's & L's preschool. More gingerbread and even more lussebullar.
No time for running whatsoever. So I didn't get to try the new runners shirt, I lost Emi's competition and my goal is down the drain. Why are goals so much easier to set than to keep?
Ps. This is little Santa Claus lamb is what J got in his goodie bag at the club. Isn't that a great idea for the kids' parties? No sweets in their bags, just ONE big toy? A bit expensive, but wouldn't it be nice to NOT give them more sugar after the cakes, buns, cookies and lemonade?

No comments:

Post a Comment