Thursday, December 17, 2009

Couch Potato & Gravad Lax

Dear reader, as you can see my Mini is complaining. It's been 12 days since my last run, and in two days it won't even move. Looks like I won't succed with my goal of 100 k before X-mas eve either …
Today L is back in preschool, so I do have an opportunity to run, but…
This is no running weather, is it? The newspapers that have sense for drama says "keep of the streets, don't go out walking" and that the "the cold keeps on craving casualties".
So I'll just use my time for the work that was supposed to be finished last week. Or was it a month ago…?
I'm also behind with all sorts of x-mas-fixing: buying gifts, baking and cooking. But yesterday I did marinate the salmon. I use the Swedish Marine Core's recipe (my brother made his service as a Marine Core chef) for Gravad Lax: 2 kg fresh salmon, 1.2 dl sugar, 0.8 dl salt, plenty of dill and white pepper. Mix sugar and salt. Gently dry the salmon with some paper. Put the salt/sugar on top, then dill and white pepper. Cut it in two. Put the thick side against the thin.
Put it a plastic bag (or two) and marinate it for 3 days (first 24 h in room temperature, next 2 days in fridge). Then you put it the freezer for 3 days (not according to the Marine, but to the Health Authorities) and take it out at least 24 h before serving. The whole thing takes 7 days, but it's so easy…
And as soon as the weather calms down…



No comments:

Post a Comment