Sunday, December 6, 2009

100 Days Winter Club & What's On

Dear G, it has been cold, but I've kept on running. This particular day we had –4 C°, and I did 7.5 k. Was actually quite warm, because I put far too much clothes on.
This could be the first time in my life I run in this cold weather, maybe even the first time I run outdoors in December. Better get used to it, because I've decided to run during the whole winter. No matter snow, ice, wind, darkness – or rain.
I need to get outdoors and get some sun to stay strong during the dark months. And to run enough to be able to enjoy Christmas treats – and life!
As always I will combine running + yoga (the best of marriages). Goals: a record for the 10 k and to improve my handstand. Will explain why another day.
As I couldn't run for two weeks in November, I've restarted with what I call the Murakami method. I run nearly every day – but never very long. You should stop when you still could go on running, says Murakami. Which in my shape means between 6 and 8 k (as opposed to Murakami's 6 – 8 miles). The method made wonders end of June and still does.

Friday, the five of us had our shots against the New Flu, and I didn't really feel fit to run. Instead we baked
gingerbreads, and guess what? The dough tastes even better than the cookies, and yes, the kids do know that …

No comments:

Post a Comment