Sunday, December 6, 2009

On 100 Days Autumn Club & What Happened

Dear Readers (if I have any), as you've probably guessed, my dear friend G and I split up. G is currently training for 30 k cross country skiing Feb 27 and Paris Marathon (Wow!) while I have a little too many and small kids for such brave and extravagant plans.
My 100 Days Autumn Club was about running further and faster. Half a year after I started running I decided to make a personal record on the 15 k.
It was a good plan and October was a great month for running, so I kept on going longer and longer.
But then life changed, again, as it sometimes does either you like it or not. My husband and I had a sick parent each to worry about. We also had sick kids, too much work, too little sleep and too little time for ourselves. All of a sudden two weeks without running had passed, and it was end of November. And much muddier. Didn't make the 15 k, but almost.

During this private mess we had a little (or not so little) garden project, me and my husband. I ordered 28 big ligustrum for hedge planting, got the wrong type, had to buy new ones and to sell the old ones – while my husband spent the weekends mud digging. I wanted to help him, but it was too heavy. Eventually, I had to ask a man with a steam shovel to come. Life should contain many more steam shovels.
If you think I complain, I'll say that we had some of our best meals this Autumn. Here is Coq au Riesling with potatoes, one of the best courses after running in dark, rainy Swedish November. And yes, a glass of wine. As life is meant to be a pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment