Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 1 – Japanese Week

Dear G, I have to admit that I've been pretty obsessed by Japan this week. Always felt strong about the Japanese, manner, food and culture, but the three disasters (earthquake, tsunami and nuclear plant mess), they really hit me. One or two days I even felt that the future of the Fukushima plants relied on my constant news update. Quite addictive, that is…
So when it snowed so much again the other day, I said to myself: "It is such a good thing all this snow is here and not in North East Japan. Dear God, if you just fix their houses and nuclear plants, I'll handle the snow."
Truth is, I'm not really handling it. I've always had more problems with my back during winter. I guess it's the cold, the weight of shoes and outdoor clothes, – and also walking in heavy snow or trying not to fall on ice – that makes my back so sore and tense. And it's going on forever…
Look out the window, we have not seen our lawns since mid November!
And no, x-country skiing doesn't make it for me. I have pain sitting, standing, walking and sleeping. I need to run. I need spring.
But compared to Japan?
Small problems, great future.
Today I ran about 6k. A little icy at places, but what a lovely day to start a brand new 100 days club! I'm so glad we're doing this, and have you seen what I have in my window?
A branch of Forsythia from our garden.
Looks Japanese, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment