Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 16 – 22 Japanese Obsession (part 2)

Dear G, I have to admit – I've been obsessed with Japan, again.
This time it's Haruki Murakami's fault. I mean, first of all: why couldn't he write just ONE new novel? Why did it have to be three?
And more: why did he write it so that I just can't stop reading it? Yeah, I know, it is his profession and he wants the books to sell, but why does he have to add the sort of food and cooking descritions that makes me not only obesessed with the book, no books, but also craving Japanese food?
I've been down to the local Sushi, the one in Centrum, a couple of times to many when reading 1Q84. You know that sushi rice is full of sugar, and the Centrum sushi is not really worth it.
But I know what sushi that IS worth it, and eventually, I just had to go to Råkultur, my absoulte favourite Japanese restaurant. Please, please let me take you there! We could buy jeans and then have food this delicious:
Aha, you wonder if the new Murakami novel is good? Can't tell, I just can't stop reading it. It is a little odd, and I don't know how to say it in your language, but in mine I'd say:
Haruki Murakami is a dirty old lobster.
And frankly, I prefer eating lobsters to reading them.
But apart from that, he is a magician. Penis-, sex- and breast obsessed, but a magician.
Råkultur's sashimi, in smoky ice …

Didn't run or exercise as much as I should those days, because of pollen, work, reading, bad moral… and more… But one day I did 8 k – 4 + 2 + 2, with small stops to do the posture correction that London demands.
Tomorrow off to Milan, very early.
Summer clothes all seam to small, but I'm bringing my running gear!
Murakami, Murakami …

No comments:

Post a Comment