Sunday, September 2, 2012

Day 2 – A Record And A Great Review

Dear G, today I had planned to run 12K – Elfvik, back and forth. Woke up 7.30am, had breakfast at 8, went out running at 10.20, and felt so happy about it. When it comes to running this time of the year is my favorite: not too warm, not to cold, no snow, no pollen, all crispy, and there is a wonderful scent.
Chanterelles and apples, or whatever it is?
But yes, it has been raining a lot, and the trail was kind of wet. At 2.99K I needed to change route, and by mistake "ended" the run with the Nike+Gps. SO IRRITATING that it doesn't ask if I'm sure I really want to end my run. like it did before. Because I don't!
The first pic is taken about 3.15K, at the place where my shoes got all wet. Decided to take a proper road, picked the wrong one, was suddenly in Rudboda (uh). Then ran towards Elfvik as planned, so decisive about getting to the Cape. But instead of going along the bay I found myself at the much longer cycle way: full of dog-owners with barking dogs (scary), bikers that jumped on the Triathlon trend (they're like flies), loads of roller-skiers (already?) and people walking hand-in-hand blind of romance (as it's still summer?).
This is just after the cape, when I finally got to run along the water. Very windy, it was. But no more complains: I felt strong, had ok speed – and the run ended up being: 14.8K!
Almost 15! It's a world record! I mean, it's my new Nike+ record!
Or… it would have been if I the idiotic thing hadn't ended at 2.99, splitting it up like I ran twice today.

Got home, was served lunch, drove A to her dance lesson, went to a school board meeting (there is another one tomorrow), had home made hamburger with lots of salad for dinner. Now: ready to spend 30 min on my exercise program … and another 30 min reading in bed. Body and soul!

I'm so glad that you enjoy you're new neighborhood, and that you're motivated! Of course you could have a fondue every now and then! And don't forget the Raclette!
What?
Aha, you want to know how the kids liked my bread? Found this review on the fridge:
Best ever, sleep tight, xxx C


No comments:

Post a Comment