Saturday, September 1, 2012

Day 1 – On Bread And Water

Dear Readers, a couple a weeks ago I was out running, thinking about this blog. What would happen to it, now when my friend G had moved to Switzerland?
Would it be one of all those (must be) millions of abandoned blogs, forever witnessing about my last attempts – and failures. Should I delete the last posts, so that the great success of Summer 2009 would have full focus, if ever some stranger from God-knows-where by mistake would find our by long forgotten blog? Would that be cheating? And what would G think?
Just a few days later, she sent me an e-mail suggesting THE FINALE 100 DAYS CLUB. Didn't mention anything about rules or goals: but immediately I knew what it would be: the perfect one. Blogging each day, eating healthier than Gwyneth Paltrow and running more than Usain Bolt.
Almost forgot that Summer 2009 we did have vacation. And that I already know I will have a very, very stressful autumn, with loads of work, three children, the youngest still in preschool (closes 3.45pm) and the others still needing help with school work… plus a planned foot surgery.
But I still thought it was such a great idea! So here we are, day 1, lots of ambition, great expectations, only success in mind.
My plan is to:
1. Run three days a week, preferably Tuesday (fast), Thursday (hills) and Sunday (long run).
2. Try to find time for some cross training, preferably Monday, Wednesday and/or Friday.
3. Follow my London 30 min exercise program at least six days.
4. Have wine only once a week, preferably Fridays.
5. NOT to try out any crazy diets like LCHF, but to avoid sugar and cut back on other fast carbohydrates like white bread, pasta and rice. (Don't drink soda, already avoiding juices and other drinks full of sugar.)
Otherwise, like always: no dieting, no eating in between and about 4-5 meals a day.

Starting today, September 1, and finishing December 10. I guess that the goal for both of us has to be to look great in a gown suitable for the Nobel Dinner? Not that we will be invited (this year), but when it happens… gotta be prepared.

As Day 1 happens to be my Shabbat/day of rest: no running, no other exercises. Instead I did something I find peaceful and that gives me a mediative kind of happiness: I baked bread.
Used a lot of rye,  to the rest of the family's approval … or not. Will find out tomorrow!
And as Friday is the only day when wine is allowed: had water + water with our Saturday dinner –steak, red wine sauce, green salad, yellow and red tomatoes, delicious chanterelles and just a few slices of oven fried potatoes. No, I didn't cook: my husband did.
Can't wait to hear from you, sleep tight, xxx C

No comments:

Post a Comment