Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 3 – A Globe, Binoculars And A Mini Scooter.

Dear G, today was the kind of sunny day, when the wind seems to be there just to remind the tourists how close the archipelago and is, and the water is glittering like full of diamonds. Yeah, there are tourists everywhere, very irritating when you try to use your lunch break to buy:
1. a globe 
2. binoculars 
3. a mini scooter
You do realize that those three items, closely related if you as a boy who is turning seven in two days, need three different shops? 
Which is not easy when even walking is a problem – because of a 14.8K long running experience. 

Already at school I felt I needed to tell a dad why I walked so strangely. 
Gave him the full story about how the planned 12K turned out to be 14.8K because of the wet trail.
He said: "Yeah, I know, it was really muddy yesterday, I ran too."
Asked him: "How long did you run?
A little embarrassed, he answered: "Just the usual Sunday 33 K."

When I came home the garden looked so inviting, I just wanted to take of my shoes and socks and enjoy the perfect summer weather.
Instead I cooked: had dinner ready at 6.20, just as my husband came home, and exactly ten minutes before I was supposed to be at the school board meeting.

With more time, what wouldn't I have done instead? 

Gardening? 
Sunbathing? 
Would I have read a book on the stairs or done some relaxing yoga on the lawn? 
Or would I have been that spontaneous kind of mother that would take her children out on a daily world discovering adventure – with a globe, binoculars and a mini scooter…

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for a great gift for your child, I would strongly suggest a mini scooter. My kids play for hours outside and get great exercise. Its really amazing.

    mini scooter

    ReplyDelete