Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 3 - Up hill

Dear C,

Today was the girls first day at school. They were happy and a bit exhausted too. 8-3:30 hard core lessons and came home with homework. C said " if I don't do it I'll be in big trouble!" Tomorrow my work week starts. Did you know that I took a job here 3x per week. Tues, Weds, and Thursdays. Still figuring out Wednesday's when the kids get out at 12.

After dropping the girls off at school I headed to France to do some grocery shopping. I haven't done it before but our neighbors said it can be worth it and I'd say it was. Amazing choices, much less expensive-I felt that it was almost like shopping in the US! Then after coming home and unloading I went out for a little hike.
I headed out and came to this crossroad and decided to head toward Chatel-St Denis. Up and down I went huffing and puffing until I finally came upon a waterfall. A sight worth walking to-and I will explore this another time to see where it takes me.
On a different note, we have met a really nice Swedish family who live just around the corner, there seem to be kids coming and going from here non-stop. The weather is still summer here but it snowed in the mountains it's really beautiful.
I made a lovely salmon dish with salad for dinner and have had loads of water today too!

Congrats on your big run and for being super motivated (and helping motivate me). So much more soon.
XG

No comments:

Post a Comment