Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 20 Lost

Dear C,
Today, I went out for a nice "little" run. I took a x-country ski trail that I thought would loop around. It didn´t and I then came upon a river and thought I would follow that upstream back to St. Paul´s (because I know it runs through campus). Once again it didn´t so I guessed directions and yep went wrong. Finally, I came upon a telephone repair man who was way up in his ladder and I shouted up to him that I was lost. He laughed and sent me back in the direction I came from. By this time I had run 11km. I stopped my ipod and walked the rest of the way home. Exhausted, I felt like throwing up then took two asprin. This is when it would have been really helpful to have an iphone-gps, camera, or just a plain ol´ phone! I even considered hitchhiking. If I had the camera I would have been able to take a picture of a really small bambi, the dam, the huge farmhouse, or the telephone repair man-imagine that!
M is feeling a little better. She slept in the car and has taken great naps...but now we are at my other sister´s to take care of her kids while she and her husband getaway. 4 kids Oh my!

The pictures are of my other sister´s house "project" which is enormous! Restoring a Victorian, and they seem to have only furniture from that period. Totally uncomfortable and completely cluttered. Americans seem to have a lot more stuff-at least that is visable.
Ran: 11k Drinking lots of coffee and a little wine. Probably too much bread stuff but not horrible for day 20 or so. I think we are doing great! I must be gaining muscle, I seem to weigh the same all the time-ha!
I haven´t cooked once since my arrival. Its not CJ´s gourmet but good.

XXOG

No comments:

Post a Comment