Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 39 Goodbye USA - Good Morning Sweden

Dear Friends, I have said goodbye for now. We have had a fantastic, sunny, fun, busy and exhausting vacation. We ended on a high note-boogie boarding for hours in the ocean, laughing, dumping the sand out of our bathing suits and then off to a typical rustic New England dinner of Lobster. Now this lobster (see below) is not what you may think of in French. But New Englanders love their fried clams, steamed muscles, and boiled lobster. This is the no fills bake. It is served on a paper plate, all while throwing back some cocktails and of course the Summer Ale. True New England blue blood just goes about it in the most unpretentious way. I love that the kids English flourished, we played with the cousins, had family gatherings, laughed even more with old friends, shopped, explored, did it up total American style! This brought L and I into a conversation about spending more time in the US (I mean vacation time). Perhaps Christmas, or looking into renting a place where people can come to us (your chance to visit)! Who knows, but its a good thought. I am happy, this trip was needed. So tomorrow as we arrive back in Sweden on my B-day we will go straight to Runmarö to sail for the weekend. Is this crazy?? Totally, but perhaps a good way ease back into time and Life. L will go to work Monday, I have just under 2 weeks left-1 with the kids. Am I tired, yep and of course I have indulged in many things during these past 5.5 weeks...so I will DEFINATELY be getting back on the food track. I can say that I have run and am strong. Its easy to go out, its been bard of the summer routine...Will be home Sat or Sun. Let´s touch base at start of week and check in personally!
xxG


No comments:

Post a Comment