Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 41 Jet-Lag


Dear fellow Runners, (C2 tomorrow I will help get you up and going with your nike + ipod)!
First, C thank you so much for your generous and fabulous gift. I would be honored to do yoga with you. I am very much a beginner and could definately use the mindset and stretching from a true yogi. L has agreed to be home at 18:15 on these days. So looking forward to it-and another new adventure and life changing challenge.
Today, we are all out of sorts. Jet-lagged and our bodies don´t know what time it is. C was up 3 hours in the night, and then slept til noon. My head is heavy, and feet tired. How are your feet? Strange question I know but I have so many calluses on my feet and on all the tips of my toes.They need a good soak...so today I have not gone out but instead just looked at the jungle that has appeared in our yard. After 6 weeks our house looks abandoned and messy. The roses are wild, the grass and bushes long, and the weeds plentyful. 4 of 6 suitcases sit unopened full of things we probably forgot we even purchased.
So today I leave you with the thought that tomorrow is a new day, and a book which I never really looked closely until now. Moms lifesavers I had written it off as too American and for stay at home moms. Yet, I think there are some good tips in it. My oldest childhood friend wrote it, and we spent a lot of time wtih her this summer. She has quite a following on twitter and is truly a person with the biggest heart! So a pic of all of us, and her book. Nighty night. Stay dry on the West Coast.

PS: I have stepped on three different scales since my arrival home. They all read differently and say that I weigh more than I have ever before! 62+ How can this be?? Does muscle weigh more than fat? Hope so because I got really sad. Tomorrow I will try on some of my pants for a test, and I will look for the email I sent you with my thigh measurements.


xxG

No comments:

Post a Comment