Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 24 – Heaven Is A Place With Danish Butter

Dear G, I'm breaking quite a few of our rules here. First of all the Marakuri-one: never two days in a row without running. Denmark is the perfect country for running: flat, well temperatured, beautiful roads for bikers and joggers. And there are plenty of food-related reasons to run…
But for the second day I didn't run, cause of the right-foot blister.
Other broken rules: I've had beer for lunch. We went to a classic Danish restaurant and had smørrebrød, and those are eaten with beer and nothing else.
Then I have a little candy problem: my husband whom stays slim eating ten cinnamon buns on a daily basis keeps his bloodsugar high with a constant candy consumption. I try not to do the same, but it's not easy.
Also, we are having wine for dinner. It goes with the hotel+restaurant life. Dressing up for dinner, putting on dresses on the girls and a shirt on the boy, sharing a bottle of chilled wine. Why does this life come so natural to me?
However, there is one paragraph that I'm following very seriously staying in Denmark. It's the "enjoy-butter-rule". The butter here is divine, like the butter that conquers all butter, the butter you'd never forget. Butter heaven, enjoyed by all ages.

WORKOUT: none
FOOD&DRINK-SINS: plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment