Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day 11 - Week in Review

Dear C,
Today is Sunday, and tomorrow it will all begin again. I am trying to remember when I worked out, and what I have done based on my pictures.
Been in the park a few times. I know where you were running and depending on which direction you were coming from I think that was the green trail? Not really sure where the 15k run intersects. But I need to look at the map or maybe my gps one time when out. As you can see by lovely foot picture I have been fighting this old blister. Lobbing on vaseline before I run so the underlayer can grow. Yuck, I know.
Thursday evening I took the train to Uppsala for dinner so I could help entertain L´s American colleagues. First, I missed the bus, then I missed the train by 10 seconds. I ended up on this train filled with commuters who were very busy on their computers, phones or reading so it was completely quiet the entire trip-sort of nice. My lovely dinner of seafood was much more exciting than the company. Understandably Americans can get a bad rap and I have to say they were so narrow-minded and boring. I guess to come from a sunny 85 degrees to Sweden isn´t the dream trip but come on! Got home too late and had dessert of very rich chocolate cake.
Back to Saturday skating with the kids. They love it, my legs thank me until next Saturday. C and I went to a girl dinner which was fun. I drove so no wine-fairly healthy and fun but once again no time to breathe.
Picked apples from neighbors yard and then make 5 liters of apple sauce. Tastes fairly good and only a tiny pinch of sugar.
Needless to say, I still have a cold and am thinking of whether or not I may take a sick day to totally veg??
About planning the workouts I go into the week with a rough idea of what I want to do. Then, the unforseen changes may take some reworking of the original idea. Generally it would be great to say that I run 2 days and do 2 days of strength training-spinning or army bootcamp, and the yoga but it seems better to just do the best I can at the time.
I´d say I am working much harder now than before because I need more strength in my legs, and will definately need that for the ski.
Have the funny feeling that you may be in the south of Sweden? Hope all is ok.
XXOG
























No comments:

Post a Comment