Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 4 – Cinnamon Bun Day It Is!

Dear G, marriage has its sides. As you know my husband is not only a brilliant chef and an excellent sommelier, he is also a heavy cinnamon bun addict. His abuse is so serious that he considers people that eat less than two cinnamon buns during a meating wimps. And that three cinnamon buns a day is a perfectly normal diet.
And now we are talking about the big cinnamon buns of Valhallabageriet that we (at home) cut in 4 pieces.
As you also know this "diet" keeps him very slim, while I have put on a rather large number of extra kilos since we met.
So married to this man I have to watch out.
But of course we also celebrated Kanelbullens dag, even though we didn't bake as you did. Maybe it was a good thing that we didn't, because then I'm not sure I would have stopped after having two.
My dear husband also made us Rosemary Sausages with truly Parmesan-heavy Italian Risotto for lunch, and Veal Steak with chanterelles, fried potatoes and a creamy Calvados sauce for dinner – so yes, it was a good thing that I went out running.
Thought it looked so cold and rainy, so I took my storm- and rainjacket, which was a bit of an exaggeration. Hate being too warm while running, and hate even more to have a jacket jumping around my waist.
WORKOUT: hilly 6.45 k. Did yoga with all the kids afterwards, including hand standing against a wall.
PS 1: Isn't it American to celebrate all kinds of special days? If not: I agree that Kanelbullens dag is among the silliest. But also the nicest…
PS 2: My 4-year old son asked "What gift does the cinnamon bun get on its day?" And replied the question himself: "A glass of milk".

No comments:

Post a Comment