Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 5 – 6 Planning For Blossom

Dearest G, do you remember how we, when we did our first 100 days club almost four years ago, planned our exercise for the coming week on Sundays? And e-mailed the plan to each other?
At that point we had my old friend Sven as our PT and consultant, and he and I made up the rules together (mostly he, to be honest). The planning was certainly his idea, and I never really liked it. I like to live life as it comes, and as a mother of a baby and a toddler following plans was very difficult. And therefore depressing.
But now that we don't have any babies, perhaps planning could be to our advantage?
This week I actually have a plan. It is to explore the 15 k trail of Lidingöloppet. Today I ran its first third, and getting there and back made about nine. So to reach magic 10 I did some pace training on our street. Later this week I plan to explore the remaining 10.
And I must say it is a beautiful trail. Like this place, south of the bay, where you can see over the water, the woods and the northern part of the island.
I remember that Sven said that we should go for the 15 k competition instead of the murder 10, and for next year I certainly agree.
I also have a plan for you: why don't you just concentrate on getting well? And on work? It's not the end of the world if you don't run for a week. Remember this April when I couldn't run for a whole month? What is a week compared to that?
You know that in the end of those seven week you will have run farther than I anyway.

Another plan: to make a beautiful spring garden and to get those tulip bulbs in the soil.
But when? The days, as you say, get shorter and shorter and between work and sleep and picking up kids there is so much laundry to keep up with. Where does it all come from?
I haven't been to the yoga for three weeks now, and I miss it so much. It's exactly what I need – training strength, flexibility and balance, together with some letting go of responsibility. I agree that it is a lot of stress to go there, and Tuesday afternoons I always feel that I need to be home with my lovely kids+husband.
But all the amazing knowledge that our teacher has and learning the poses gives me inspiration for the rest of the week. And relaxation, concentration and mindfullness, even if it seems like she hasn't time for that during the class. The hard work pays off, even if it doesn't happen right there and then.
It's like with the tulip bulbs.
You plant.
And then, much later, it blossoms.
WORKOUT 10 k, homestyle yoga, for once without kids.

Ps. CJ thinks I bought ugly tulips. He only appreciates the white ones.
But I'm not planning for the expected.
I'm planning for the extraordinary.

And I do worry about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment