Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 1- Shock

Dear C,

It´s day 1 and I am officially back into the club and from a very long and lazy vacation! Gone are the long beach and pool days, sipping wine, eating gorgeous cheese, and just thinking about running. It´s time to get back in the business of being healthy. I wonder how I let all that hard work just slip away. Well as you know it can be quite easy to do but now these next 99 days are the start of a longer and more courageous journey.

The one thing I did accomplish this summer was I became and avid reader again. This the first time I think since my now very big girls were born. Sure I have read books here and there but my new birthday gift from my sister is more than a gadget it´s well...amazing! I have read over 20 books in the past few weeks-all just a touch away or a quick browse through the New York Times best seller list. They appear within seconds, are a fraction of the cost (especially the price of English books here) and I find myself staying up til all hours of the night reading, just to finish that last chapter. L thinks its much worse than his blackberry which I call his "crackberry" maybe it is.

On day 1 my running felt like I had a camel on my back. It wasn´t pretty. Then I decided to begin some CORE training. Lunges, push-ups, and some other very unbalanced moves on my part. Ohhh I think I lost a kg in sweat and tears. Then I was totally spent I got a headache, and felt sick and had to go to bed early. I am not sure if this is due in part to the workout or also my body going through detox? No wine, no cheese just a very healthy food day. Salad with turkey breast, loads of water, very few carbs-maybe 1 piece of bread.

Tomorrow is a new day. One I am looking forward to. Every day it will become easier and more fun.

XOG

No comments:

Post a Comment