Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 11 – The Port Rule

No, my dearest G, sailors can't let every puff of wind decide where to go. It will just make the sails go back and forth. Seglen slår, they flap, and nothing good comes out of that.
Doesn't take the boat anywhere.

Our sailor could go for Port A, Port B or Port C – and surely doesn't know which one he'd prefer.
But he picks one of them. Lets the wind fill the sails, giving them full power and the boat full speed.
She goes straight to Port A – you see how beautifully she sails?
Berthing in Port A our sailor might not find the gas station, grocers's store or nice little restaurant he's looking for. But if he doesn't, he'll just go on to Port B.
Trust me, he'll arrive a lot sooner
than the Mrs Undecisive, that used to be me.







Didn't run, but I had three important phone conversations: with our reader in Lausanne, with you and with my friend Christina. They all meant a lot to me!
Day 11 dinner: gravad and grilled charr, grean broad beans, yoghurt sauce and green sallad. Very LCHF.

No comments:

Post a Comment