Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 78 – 80 Post Party! (And What A Party…)

Dear G, I'm so tired. I'm tired in every way there is to be tired. Even tired of being tired.
J had a the calmest of birthdays. A said quite cruely "this doesn't feel like a birthday", and I see what she meant, but under the circumstances it was the best we could wish for. Turning four J was still very tired and so pale, but well enough to help me to bake the cake he had wished for: an apple & watermelon cake. Absolutely no cream. Just fruits. He is so healthy, how come he gets more sick than anyone else?
I had never heard about a apple & watermelon cake before, so we really made it up as we baked it. And the little man claimed it was the best cake he ever had. Do I have to tell you his sisters did not agree?
Instead of a birthday party (postponed, but not forgotten) we've had crying parties with feverish L at nights.
Late nights, early mornings – we've had it all.
She gets Tamiflu too, but I think she might be having an ear infection. I know that isn't nice to say, but I was so concerned about J and when L also turned sick I was really to tired to handle it. Instead of praying for her life I just wanted to scream: SLEEP! Sleep, and sleep in your own bed, I'll get you anything if you just SLEEP.
The bar is open 9 pm – 7 am.
This is what kills me, and CJ can't really help me, as she is totally mother-craving when sick. (Also when not sick, but not as hysterically so…) And of course, the nightly parties have been waking him up too, so we're two tired parents trying not to explode.
Today that normally so happy and sunny little girl has been so ANGRY. I never seen her so angry! Though she explained it to me: I'M NOT ANGRY, I'M JUST SAYING NO!
I surely hope M doesn't get the same. Tummy aching and very sleepy were J's first sign… But if, just call me, I know everything about it now… Tomorrow we're going back to dr David, and hopefully we'll find out if the ghost is gone or still alive …
I say it again: you can't believe how tired I am. Or maybe you are the one that would know…
So what kept me alive? I've been running. Both Sunday and Monday. For a change I've chosen the south side of the bay instead of the north, getting some hill training. I want to prepare for the hilly running we're doing September 27, and I also needed something new. Today I even run the most hilly part twice, the one next to the bay (passing Ekholmsnäs). I actually enjoy the hilly running. Makes the running less monotone, don't you think?

WORKOUT: 7.89 + 7.86 k, a little yoga yesterday but no stretch at all today. I was lost in the woods and very late for dinner… But so glad I could get out and let go of the worry…

ps. Be glad that your party is over and done! And no, they wouldn't get the present-lacking party idea. They wouldn't get it at all. But I'll tell you a little secret: boys get better gifts. No Hello Kittens or Hi Plastic Bunnies, no boxes of 1000 cheap pearls in every vulgar colour. And certainly no high heels for 4 years-old with feathers.
But when they get bad things, they are much worse.
Soundmaking Parents Torture.
Screaming cars, exploding rockets.
Hells Angels or Drug dealer's estethic.
War.
And Death.
All of a sudden you'd long for Hello Kitty …
So I have another idea. Let's allow ourselfes to be a little snobbish again. Introducing The Posh Party, saying in the invitation that only full quality pedagogic presents are wished for.
Ok, maybe it's not such a great idea… My head might be out of function.
So it's time to say:
Goodnight,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment