Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 95 – 99 Cold & Celebration

Dear G, so what happened? A few days before the race L got a cold. And so did I.
Poor nightsleep, and many questions around the race. I had decided and planned for reaching the 300 k at day 100, but realised I had to choose.
Either ignore the cold and run enough to reach 300 by Sunday.
Or try to rest and get healthy by race day.

Decided to stick to the race, but as we are getting worses I wonder if I did the right thing. But the choice is made and there will take a lot more than a cold to stop me tomorrow.

So my goals are the ones Murakami had for New York Marathon (free from memory)
No walking – I'm a runner (might do exceptions for Karin's backe, the steep that is more like a wall).
I will make it to the goal.
And I will have fun.

Speaking of fun, we had a little celebration this week. The night between Wednesday and Thursday we counted 12 years since CJ kissed me the first time – we have been a couple since.
Six years by ourselves, six years with children under 2.
Everything is so symbolic.

How about your last 100 days?
See you tomorrow,
your friend
C
ps oh yes, we had champagne with a toast followed by cod with shrimps, butter sauce and horseraddish. Safron Ice cream for dessert… Already told you that story…

No comments:

Post a Comment