Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 89 Babble

Dear C,
Not sure if this makes any sense. My brain is mush, tomorrow I must work, bring the kids to swimming and go back to work for "meet the teachers" evening.

In running there are hills you must climb, places you must stop and see, water breaks, time outs, seasons, lows, highs...
This is what the past 86 days has done. It has really reminded me of me. The things that I can do and have done. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. Though its better and FUN. Me, I like the challenge, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow-you see progress. The 30k ski-perfect mid-winter goal. The Dalarna house is 1hr from the start. For me goals should often be a bit out of reach-otherwise what would one strive for?? I like to be an overacheiver, to have a plan, to see the light at the end of the tunnel. One word overdrive.

Please if you want write in Swedish do. There is a google application that translates whole pages as well. I quite by accident turned our whole blog Swedish the other day with this-then had to turn it back. If you can´t race, don´t, if you eat a bun-who cares. Life goes on, for every step back you will take two steps forward. You are a runner!

I´ll end this babble with some interesting facts that you may not know about my previous life:


I have lived and hiked for 6 months on the applachaian trail.
I had a reporter boyfriend who sought out trouble and got us into plenty now contributes to the New York times regularly.
My parents never let me watch TV as a kids or teenager.
I love sports, American football, baseball- all of them watching, playing, cheering. A true Boston fan!
When I arrived in Sweden I weighed 122lbs.

Funny, crazy, figuring it out.

Me.

PS to spent to download pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment