Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 93 – 94 Pillow Position, Pillow Prison

Dear G, the girl you might know as a sweet, curly, 2-yearold little L is about to drive her parents insane.
I know I've been on this subject over and over again, but sorry, I'm not done.
You know the problem: L wants to use my belly as her pillow. When she wakes up and the pillow is exchanged to what you and I would call "a real pillow", she goes to fetch the pillow she likes.
The pillow that is a middle aged woman who needs to sleep 7-8 hours to be at her top.
The pillow that gets panic every evening because she fears what's coming up.
The pillow that after almost seven years of pregnancies, breastfeeding, babies and toddlers in bed thinks that she deserves her own body.
As opposed to Pillow Prison.

The night between Saturday and Sunday I never slept more than two hours in a row. CJ woke me up when he went to bed, then just a little more than an hour later L came to fetch me. I tried to get her to sleep (deep enough so that I could leave) an hour and a half. Less than an hour later she was back. So I said to CJ that I was too tired to get back to her bed, so I had to let her sleep in our bed.
At that point my dear husband decided to do something about it. He went to L's room and tried to put her to sleep again. It made her furious. She cried and screamed, and I felt bad and couldn't sleep either. But eventually, he succeded.
At seven the others woke up.
CJ was too tired to get up. So who remained?

Yesterday, we decided that the little girl should be put to bed by her Dad. That is the only solution: that he teaches her that she can (and must) sleep without her Mom.
Two hours she screamed for Mom – until 10 pm. She was so angry, angrier than the other two ever were.
After that she woke up twice. I thought it was crucial for her to get some sleep, so I helped her the first time. The second time I asked CJ to take her, but he was sleeping so deeply that he didn't answer.
Like he was dead or something.
So I layed in L's bed, tucked her in the best I could, got panic and ended up as a pillow. Tried to sneak out, she woke up again, pillow position… I think you get how it goes…
So when I got back to my bed it was 5.36 pm.
Then the alarm clock rang.

I keep forgetting things. Like to call you to say that we have a parents meeting at the preschool tomorrow, so I can't make it to the yoga. Will you stretch for me too?

And yes, apart from the sleep thing, I love all my children – A, J & L. And meeting those three pals today running 5 k (instead of 10, as planned) made me remember.
Do you think they let their Mom sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment