Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 86 - Keep your eye on the Prize!

Dear C,

Everyone has "low" days. Nobody expects superwoman-except you. You have gotten me through 86 days + hundreds of others. Together we have become, stronger, faster, thinner and yes at times even a bit happier! Tomorrow is a new day and remember that I am cheering you on in every aspect of life no matter what.

"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that." -Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon

"Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it's all about." -PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

"No pain, no gain." - Athletic proverb

"Run hard, be strong, think big!" - Percy Cerutty


"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer, U.S. Olympian

“If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don’t spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it.” Priscilla Welch

Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?’” Peter Maher

"Running is my church." Joan Van Ark


Yesterday got my hair done by Juan. I think its well done. He was a bit cocky and commented on my last hair cut and color. Part of the charm I guess.
Got out some this week of Indian summer weather. Ran 9.5 today (didn´t really want to tell you that on the phone). Parts of me ache not sure if its from yoga? Have eaten some things that I shouldn´t have...especially while home with M.

Stay with me,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment