Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 100 – A Great Success, Totally Murakami



Dear readers, you must admit that our last 100 days club was a great success.
Like G already said: totally Murakami (if a specific Japanese author and marathon runner ever reads this – thank you for being our guru).
Ok, we might have had a little more wine than suggested at times than the rules suggested. And even more coffee… But we have both improved our snack habits. We've had less sugar, less cookies, less crap food and more food. I think…
We've been both doing some yoga, and now we're doing the powerful dynamic yoga that gives strength, flexibility and muscles. Where as the relaxing part can be made at home…
And most of all – we have been running! Mostly in sunshine (it was hot, remember?) but also in rain. In those 100 days
G ran 411.45 k
C ran 289.83 k
Together we made 701.28 k!

Finally, we made the super hilly last ten k:s of Lidingöloppet (speaking of Chinese torture…), the Lidingö tjejlopp.
C made it on 1.03.52 with a cold in her body.
G made it on 1.05.43 with an ear infection!
(Next year we'll both go under one hour…).

About my personal goals:
1. To run – not obsessed in periods, but moderate every week. On my personal goals: I was obsessed at periods, but only had one week (in delicious Denmark) without running.
2. To not let the vicious circle of bad sleep + coffee + sugar + a little too much wine take over my vacation and summer. There were many days when I had to have coffee after a messy night with my 2-yearold (or the others), but I had a lot less sugar and wine.
3. To run the Tjejmilen August 30 and Lidingö tjejlopp September 27. I'm not aiming at a certain time (yet), but just to run the 10 k in both competitions. Didn't do the Tjejmilen because of sick kids, a cold and no night sleep, and regretted it so much. So it was a good thing to run the Lidingöloppet though the cold. Wouldn't have been able to do that without all the running the last 100 days.
4. I will blog every day, but if it's ok by you I'll blog about the day that passed next morning, so that I can go to bed when I need to. I'll also try to blog a little shorter in my new moderate style. Have been blogging a lot. I think it has been good for my English too.
5. I will be more serious about my yoga. Am getting more serious about the yoga. I believe yoga is the perfect wife for Mr Running.

And now new adventures are waiting. We are taking a three days break, but will be back already October 1 for a sweet little 50 days challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment