Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day 37-46 Time Wasted

Dear C,
Oh, its been longer than I remembered-almost to day 50! Although I have been out running I have also been eating my way through Easter and vacation. All that has happened since my vacation started: Eating and Wasting time. Good thing I have to go to work or else I´d probably end up needing fireman to help me leave the house.
I must tell you that Långangen (sp?) has really been coming to life. It´s a spectacular way to see the changes. First those deer jumped in front of me then I saw a very big toad, another day 2 snakes lying in the sun. Everytime I hear the leaves rustle it startles me until I realize things are coming to life again. This is nice and while I love to hear the birds when running I don´t like listening to them in the middle of the night!
This brings me to when I first came to Sweden and it was difficult to sleep when the birds chirped all night because it was so light. Do birds sleep? Ok, this is a dumb question but honestly I never thought about this before- birds were chirping at 3AM. Last night we had C awake for hours and then there were the birds. Maybe that is why C was up?
Just finished this book which I would recommend. Its called What Is the What by Dave Eggers. Its about the beginning of the Sudanese civil war from the viewpoint of thousands of "lost boys" and thier accompanying refugees, but the real story is Achak's journey. At first it was hard to get into but then when I could read in some peace fouund it really interesting and terrible all at once.
Workouts+ food: Yes, been out there but didn´t do a darn thing with my eating and drinking Easter everything. Reese´s peanut butter cups and cadbury mini eggs arrived from the US. Very good but very bad...lots of wine, mimosa´s, waffles, french bread, more easter candy, chocolate cake, oh the list goes on.
Weight: I think I gained 1kg back.
Need to step it up for next 50!
So glad we spoke and so glad we are still in it together.
XXG

No comments:

Post a Comment