Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 50 – Back To The Roots

Dear G, and dear Follower(!) – it was nice meeting you both today! 
As you already know, I took a walk with my two eldest kids to see my grandparents house that is for sale – A + J on miniscooters and me walking and running to keep their pace. 

Well, actually it's not my grandparents' house, but it was for about 50 years. As me and my family lived next door from I was five until I left home it's basically were I grew up. I know that house by heart, every single corner of it.
I know how lovely its attic is, where you can hide and how it can smell of apples (my grandmother stored them up in the attic). 
And I know how terrific that stair is if you want to go down on your bum instead of feet. I love that house! I have so many good memories from it. And even though the house was crowded with prospective buyers I just HAD to show my kids how to bum-bum-bum. That stair is so soft on bums! Its corners have been finely rounded by me, my three siblings, my cousins, my mother and her siblings – and perhaps also by Emi that lived there for five years after my grandmother sold the house. 
So J and A also went down the stair bum-bum-bum. A., in fact, a great deal of times! 
And for once I did not care at all if anyone thought it was inappropriate or that I had kids with bad manners. Instead I felt very proud of helping the sellers and their agent to show a great advantage with that lovely house. 
Doesn't show in the pictures how lovely it is … How lovely my grandparents made it …

Anyway, as I had to run to keep A's and J's tempo, which was kind of a workout for me. 
You ask me how I feel about the 100 days club at half point, and to be honest I'm a bit disappointed. I'm still coughing. I'm so allergic and I've had some asthma the last days, so I know that running is not a good idea at the moment. 100dc wihtout running is no fun! 
But none of this is the clubs fault, and I do feel happy about the blog thing. We always said that these kind of things happens, and that is way 100 days is so much better than 14. Or 7.
My plan is to go back to Dr David, stay out of wine, candy and buns, and just wait to get better. Take longer walks before I can start running again. 
My time will come, and I'm so glad it's working so well for you, G.
And Follower, I hope that you feel inspirited and will join us some day!

WORKOUT: walking and running with A+J on miniscooters. Had planned to do some gardening, but L&J wouldn't leave the playground…
FOOD&DRINKS Did have a bun after lunch… From Valhallabageriet… They are so tempting.
WEIGHT: –2.2 kg

No comments:

Post a Comment