Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 2 – East-Asian In Mind

Dearest G, we need to talk more about Haruki Murakami. I think I will have to quote him many times the coming weeks. Or months.
I'm not really sure why I love his book so much, but apart from the subjects (running and writing) his Asian way of thinking is a good start.
I've always been drawn to Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese culture – that is food, architecture, films and of course gardening. There is something about it that feels both so exotic/exiting and so familiar/logical/evident.
Was I East-Asian in my last life?

Speaking of Chinese gardening these are Peonies that CJ gave to me because he knows that celebrating midsummer in our suburb makes me a little depressed. Aren't they beautiful?
We had a great Sunday and I went running again.
And so did you!
It was good speaking to you today – though a little short.
Hope so much that you will have a good time in the US!

WORKOUT: Ran 5 k. Will do as Murakami suggests: increase the running little by little.

No comments:

Post a Comment