Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 5 – Celebration!

Dear G, June 24 I celebrated that I've been blessed with another year of life. Healthy and with a wonderful family and friends. That is what I think about when it's my birthday – rather than getting older.
And to be honest I should say "I was celebrated", because I did't invite even my parents, nor any friends. Didn't fix anything, didn't bake and didn't even go to buy a cake.
The celebration started early – L woke me up by 5 am, but fell asleep next to me again. We both were woken up two hours later by CJ + A + J that brought one big packet – and no breakfast (?!).
The packet contained a big, black picnicbox – and out came half a bottle of champagne, orange juice, a box of strawberries, a box of raspberries, a box of melon, a box of slices of grapefruit – and many adorable gifts. I was so surprised! Also got some drawings and true love letters from A + J.
Spent the most of the day in our garden, because the weather was divine. Sunny, without a cloud, but so windy that you could imagine the sea. So I cancelled a lunch with a friend (it seamed crazy to drag three children into town on such a beautiful day). Instead we moved some plants, watered and had left overs for lunch – me and my lovely kids that I love so much and that this particular day didn't quarrel at all. As I remember it.
The only bad thing about this day is that I didn't find time for running, but that was my own fault.
As you can see CJ also made the most fantastic dinner that we ate in the evening sun.
And then we packed until 1 am... And L woke us up by 5 again.
I will never, ever write that she sleeps all night in her bed again.

WORKOUT: None
FOOD & DRINKS: The best.

No comments:

Post a Comment