Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 4 – Going All Murakami

Dear G, like Haruki Murakami I want to say that I'm a runner because it suits me. If it wouldn't suit me I'd quit.
I am a runner.
I won't quit.
It's good to say.
And I believe it's true.
Tomorrow I'm celebrating one year with Nike +, and I will do it quoating Murakami.

It was even warmer today. The kids are lovely, so is the garden and sun, but it's difficult to get any packing and washing done. Tomorrow is celebration day and Thursday morning we are leaving, with or without clothes.
Murakami: talent, focus and endurance.
That is a truth for running and for work.
And mothering. And packing. I think I have talent and endurance – I'm just a little short on focus.
But I've bought two other Murakami books. Didn't remember his name properly, neither did the staff in the book shop, but A helped us out. The 5.5 years old expert on Japanese novelists.

WORKOUT: My current plan is to run 2 days followed by 1 day rest – and 0.5 k further every run. Did 5.25 today (instead of 5.5). Headphones kept falling of and I'm not really good with the heat. Mr Murakami says you should stop where you still could continue the next day, so I did. Dinner was about to be ready.
X C

Ps How are you? How was your flight? Do you feel at home or abroad? What do the girls think?

1 comment:

  1. Hello G & C
    Until I am "official" I will write here in the comments section. I find it very hard to not eat bad things like dessert or have some wine when the weather is so warm and sunny. So in that dept I have not been so good. I can say I have gone on a walk 3 days in a row and have been good with my breakfast and lunch meal selections. Fruit and yogurt, salad with tuna and no dressing and no white bread! Have too much to say and write so I will wait till I am "in" the blog. XO, C2

    ReplyDelete