Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 22 - Irritation & Village Running

Dear G & C2, as we were packing again day 22 my husband was quite irritated when I said I would like to go out and run. As G had run 11k and I would like to keep up with her I'd like to do at least 10k, but I didn't want to risk my marriage. So I decided to do something in between.
Just a short run to make it possible to catch up later.
It was very windy, so I realized pretty soon I couldn't go by the sea.
Tried some village running, which is something quite different from what I've gotten used to here and at Gotland. It's embarrasing to run where so many people see you. But then again, it fires you up. I ran much faster than I usually do.
But then there was no village any more, only sea and lots of wind. So running home took a while, and all of a sudden I already made 7.5k.
The love of my life was angry when I came home.
Is it possible to be both a serious runner and a mother of three preschool children?
Murakami leaves me with no answer.
Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment