Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 31 – On Why I Run

I run because my body is not yet recovered after creating and giving birth to a 4.75-, a 4.3- and a 4.8-kg child ­– three healthy, beautiful and strong babies in less then four years.
I run because my body decided to gain weight to be able to save our children in case there would be a major starvation.
I run because two years after my last delivery it’s about time to get my own size back.
I run because it makes me a happier mother and wife – and as important – a happier and mentally stronger person.
I run because there are so many clothes in my wardrobe that don’t fit.
I run because I like style and fashion and because the best-looking clothes are made for fit or slim people.
I run because I love food and want to live my life enjoying it.I run because after carrying children the last 71 months and having a child in my bed about 700 nights the last two years my back aches every day. I run not to be a cripple.
I run because I don’t want to be incontinent for the forty years that I guess remain of my life.
I run because it makes it easier to concentrate on the positive sides of the question “what is my professional future and meaning of my life?"
I run because it’s the most effective and timesaving workout.
I run because it makes me feel free. Free from responsibility, free to fly.
I run because it suits me and I think it’s fun.
I run because I’m a runner.
I run because I think that my family can do without me for somewhere between 30 and 70 minutes each vacation day. And as you G, I know it will soon be August and there will be less and less time for running.
Summary: I run because I think my husband, my children and I owe it to my body.

Dear G and C2, how nice to hear that you've met in New England, USA for a change. And dear G, I also enjoy reading about your adventures. A lot. I hope that we all can meet (with our without families) when we soon come back. How are you doing, C2?

WORKOUT: Autumn is paying us a visit. It's both windy and rainy. Ran 5 against the wind on a kind road – and made a personal record for the 5 k.

1 comment:

  1. HEJ G & C,
    So sorry that I have been out of touch!!! Have been having a blast with family in New Hampshire and well had very limited access to the internet and limited time as well. I SUCK at this 100 day thing!! No workout what-so-ever, eating everything in sight and drinking beer and Mike's hard lemonade drinks on the beach.
    Was so FUN to see you G and you look great! Kids were asking where your girls were and why we couldn't play!?
    Anyway back at home base in MA at my sisters house, will sleep here for the rest of the stay.
    Loved your last entry C about why you run. I need to get serious and start to move my body and stop eating.....truly hard to do here in America when we can eat all this junk we never get home.
    Write more and hope to be able to add a pic or two soon!!
    C2

    ReplyDelete