Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 69+70 My Favorite Runs


Dear C,
So much to tell...First, yesterday we celebrated. Finally, I have a Swedish driver´s license!! Oh, this has been such a pain in the butt, total humiliation and more stress than thought possible. (Especially for someone with a license for 22 years). Now its done, its official. Never again not ever- even if I moved to the moon I wouldn´t turn it in for permission to drive space vehicles.

You asked where I go when running. I tend to head straight for långängen but I enter in different spots. Often when I pass this "mushroom tree" it´s possible to know how fast and how far I´ve gone. Sometimes I don´t listen to my ipod when I am in the park because its so peaceful there. Just the rustle of the leaves and birds which often I don´t even hear. Another place I go often run is past the church and around to Ekholmsnäs and to the top. Back down and then dirt road to långängen (which is a killer hill) through to the 5km trail and home-This is the longest I run.


As for my friend Mr. Nike-Ipod well I seem to get a lot of different results depending on the sneakers I wear. My Nikey´s are gortex-great but hot. Really for colder and wet weather. My Salomon´s have a little pocket for the sensor but it can be unreliable (which is annoying). Then probably the best ones, my addidas have a little pouch attached to the laces. Unfortunately, totally crappy, doesn´t find the sensor and I run not knowing that it is not keeping track.

Sounds very interesting this new project...must give my opinion about the sushi. I´d say maybe it was better as Vincent´s shoe store. I like what you said about being good for a suburb-but it really can´t compare to the city. Lidingö is only 7km from the city center why is it hard to get good takeout? Also, they get very stresssed during rush time, and its a long wait...

Have you tried Krua Thai?? http://www.kruathailidingo.se/ If you are going to have take out then that is worth waiting for.

Tomorrow is C´s birthday party. Pray for sun, and not too much chaos. I have so many things to do...

Food: 2 glasses of wine tonight, yummy and healthy food today. Can´t compare with the delicious things CJ makes you. Wow-does he give lessons?

Workout: 35 minutes yoga with Bob, 9.something km running. I took a long turn (not on purpose) at end was a snails pace, dying in the shins. Though want to make this 200km goal of mine for tomorrow. If I wake early enough it could be possible. Shins ouch! Trying to stretch putting ice on for relief. Will take Monday off from running.
Yesterday: 6.4 km run
Weight: Hope still hangin in but haven´t looked today or yesterday. Will try not to eat cake batter or frosting tonight.
XXG




1 comment:

  1. What a nice picture? DId you get a new camera or did you use your mobile?

    ReplyDelete