Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 82-Bacon Sandwiches?



Dear C,
I am back-was totally exhausted today felt like a bad hangover. Though it was likely just Heathrow and the Tube to the airport from wherever I was ( near Covent Garden and the University of London). Now I wonder did I even go for the course, shopping or for getting a total appreciation of Stockholm, or my bed (notice how I left out L and the kids)?

The course was inspiring-made me realize that there is a lot of work to be done for next year. That was the easy part-the other part was tromping all around shopping or looking, fighting the crowds, the tube and walking.

Since I am going to the US in just 4 weeks I felt that I didn´t "really" need to buy anything...BUT it just seemed like a good idea and of course cheaper somehow. So now I have new makeup, new Birkenstocks, socks for kids, books, and 3 huge Toblerone bars and some Scottish shortbread-you know the really buttery yummy ones...I´ll get to what I ate later.
But let me ask you this: Why do people love London? Do Swedes go there for the Theater,Museums, Big Ben? Is it for the cultural diversity? I am not really sure if English is really spoken in London anymore. Is it for the Bacon sandwiches? Really disgusting-bacon on white bread with butter. The US must not be the fattest or frumpiest country in the world. Is it for the Tube where you actually have to take an elevator to get down into the depths of hell? Definately no way out in an emergency.

Shhhhh, I work for the British and every person I work with loves Marks & Spencer etc. CONCLUSION: I have been in Sweden a long time and must admit it´s better here than almost anywhere (don´t tell L). Also, I´ll likely go back there more to "further my education" maybe it will grow on me.
Since Monday Food: Will give you the short list-tea cake, scone, snickers bar, crunchy corn flakes, coffee, coffee and more coffee (starbucks), fajitas, white bread sandwhiches of different variety, wine, Diet Coke-the real thing, oh yea more wine...
Workout: Walking til my feet ached everyday. Today back to the woods. Took a new route, really nice but perhaps a little far considering how I felt. 7.7 km
Weight: I swore I must have put on weight since Monday but stepped on the scale it is the same. Not yet where it should be with less than 20 days to go!
About pictures: First pic is when I had to change trains to get to terminal 3 the fastest. This is a stop 1 or 2 away from Heathrow. Very sketchy and I was worried considering there was not 1 other person on the platfrom.
Second pic is some poor sob´s who have to stand outside of London´s biggest toy store and lure people in. They try to imitate Willy Wonka or somthing.
Have we set up a date for final? Good thing there will be another 100 days! Are yo running Tuesday?
XXG

No comments:

Post a Comment