Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 85 – Another Sunday In May

Dear G, some days just disappear. Apart from that my sister's son turned teenager today this was just a typical Sunday in May. 
Tried to get the kids dressed really early so that we could enjoy the weather and the blooming garden, then all of a sudden it was lunchtime. Had a nice lunch outdoors, then L needed some sleep, A had a party to be dressed for and driven to. Went out running while A was partying and had to hurry up to get back home in time. Brought J & L to pick her up so that CJ could cut the lawn. Then we had a small lemonade picnic and whoops… it was dinnertime.
So I bathed the kids, CJ made dinner and … once again they got in bed too late. Happens often at Sunday.

I always picture those May Sundays as time for dramatic changes in the garden or reading/sunbathing in a chair, but… someone is crying … another one needs to pee and … now they are fighting over a toy and the third one: "Where is she?" 
After a day like this I ask myself "What did I achieve?" and the answer is "nothing". I was a mom.

WORKOUT: The hated dandelions are blooming, and I had forgotten to take my asthma medicine, so the 5.88 k I did felt like the double. I would have walked back if I had more time.
FOOD & DRINKS: No buns and not even coffee after lunch! But a glass of red at dinner…

Ps to our reader in Lausanne: take an extra look at the nice apple blossom and the cute dress on that little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment