Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 79 – Sneaking Out!

Dear G, today I got an unexpected opportunity to sneak out and run instead of eating lunch. It was raining, the time was about 1 pm and I was already starving, so said to myself "this is an odd decision". And went out.
I thought of you. And wanted to ask you if this is why the shoes are called Sneakers? They make you want to sneak out. 

As A+J have excursions on Mondays I didn't dare to go by the water (they get so sad if they see you and think they are getting picked up). 
Instead I tried the wood for the first time since 2006. This path (right after our local Alp) is one of my favourite places and the trees made the rain less obvious. 
Apart from this particular path running in our close by wood means lots of steeps and hills. I now understand what you mean when you say that you get a lot of different results. The Nike + counts many more meters uphill than downhill. But I think that is only fair?
Now I remember it was also about your shoes. Are you getting new ones?

Also thought about what my yoga teacher says: that small paths are more meditative, as you have to concentrate not to fall. Makes you forget daily issues. Also, you use a larger number of muscles. I tried it for a while, but small paths are more exhausting than hills.
Anyway, I had fun!

WORKOUT: 6.15 km, hardly any time for yoga/stretching.
FOOD & DRINKS: Running takes away my urge for sugar.
WEIGHT: But why doesn't the scale move?

ps As you are in England I use Britsh spelling check!

No comments:

Post a Comment